Friday, January 9, 2009
Christmas Eve dinner was held at our house with both sides of our family attending. The glazed ham and twice baked potatoes that my Dad helped prepare and the side salads and my sisters perfectly browned rolls was one of the best dinners I've ever eaten. Afterwards we had a program with everyone singing the nativity song as the children came down the stairs. My brother-in-law played s cello solo "O Holy Night" that really invited the spirit into our birthday celebration. I sang my annual attempt of "O' come all ye faithful" (the only event of the year that I sing solo), and we finished as a group by singing "I"m trying to be like Jesus" and my Mother's amazing testimony of Jesus Christ and a closing prayer. It was a perfect evening, exhausting, and loud but in the end a perfect way to remember and honor the birth of our Savior.
Posted by Little Miss Sunshine at 2:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
So much fun. I love the idea of playing songs on the musical instruments. Will have to have Dallin and Amanda do that next Christmas.
Post a Comment